Contemporary concrete screws are specifically designed to embed into substrate and stay there.
No wall plugs are required. This is why Firefly use concrete screws:
- Screws, applied with a tool, offer the highest pull out resistance of any fixing application against Premature Collapse*
- Screws provide the highest sheer loading of any fixing application**
- Screws work upside down in ceilings, or any other angle
- EACH TWIST OF A SCREW ADDS ADDITIONAL ANCHORAGE INTO SUBSTRATE OF ALL KINDS
- You have confirmation when you do up a screw that the hole is the right size and the fixing is tight
- With our fixings they do not become loose until that wall / ceiling etc fails
- We believe using a screw provides the best, secure, most reliable fixing
The impact of using a screw in Firefly clip application adds huge latent strength to the spring steel we use. This presses the clip closer into substrate in the event of a fire, for example, when plastic trunking melts. WE cannot stress the importance of using concrete screws along with metal cable fixings loudly enough. THERE IS NO STRONGER SUBSTITUTE.